[Notification Date: 26.03.2014; Effective from: 01.04.2014]
Section 223- Inspector's report. [Corresponds to Section 241, 246 of the Companies Act, 1956];
(1) An inspector appointed under this Chapter may, and if so directed by the Central Government shall, submit interim reports to that Government, and on the conclusion of the investigation, shall submit a final report to the Central Government.
(2) Every report made under sub-section (1) shall be in writing or printed as the Central Government may direct.
(3) A copy of the report made under sub-section (1) may be obtained by making an application in this regard to the Central Government.
(4) The report of any inspector appointed under this Chapter shall be authenticated either—
(a) 1[by the seal, if any] of the company whose affairs have been investigated; or
(b) by a certificate of a public officer having the custody of the report, as provided under section 76 of the Indian Evidence Act, 1872,
and such report shall be admissible in any legal proceeding as evidence in relation to any matter contained in the report.
(5) Nothing in this section shall apply to the report referred to in section 212.
1Substitute for the words "by the seal", by The Companies (Amendment) Act, 2015 w.e.f. 29.05.2015